|commander koski (The Evil Empire)|
|Some observations from the past turns: 1. I'm building my...||Write Reply|
|Some observations from the past turns:|
1. I'm building my first Gorbie now! Are you building war ships? Especially for the Rebels it's easy to make Rushes with bad engines and beams, first just so they can build fighters. Also especially against the Evil Empire, the Federation can build Missouri/Kittyhawk combos where the other ship tows the other. The Fascists can build very cost-efficient Victoriouses, too!
- when building ship parts: towing saves engine money. You can tow with any ship that has two engines.
- also remember that lasers shoot fighters as well as better beams,
ABOUT SHIP COMBINATIONS AND BATTLE ORDER:
- remember that minimum damage a weapon can make for hull is 1 percent, so if your first ships gets the shields down from my Gorbie, you can arm your next ships even with lasers and mark 1 torpedoes: each shot makes 1 percent damage to the hull! Of course the best beams and torpedoes make more damage, but the heavier the hull mass of the ship, the less damage. But it doesn't go under 1, so you can make some VERY cost-efficient yet useful ships, if you managed to manipulate the combat order!
- about combat order: https://planets.nu/#/howtoplay/battle-order
2. With HYP ships you can jump directly onto a planet OR a specific point in spae, if the distance is 340-360 ly from the ship. If you use the HYP circle tool (keyboard quick key is H), the area is that light blue on both sides of the HYP-circle line.
3. Those MCBRs are getting close! But what happens when they reach my ship?
- if you try to kill me, there are defensive ships,
- remember that I lay mines,
- if you try to Rob me, I can drop all fuel to the ground and use planet friendly code and mission beam up fuel to counter that,
- if you try to tow me away, I can tow my own ship with a ship with lower ID than your ship, and then you can't tow either one of those ships.
- more about tow: http://www.planetsmagazine.com/strategy/strategic-knowledge/straight-talk-about-the-tractor-beam/
4. Remember that we are a very diverse, global bunch. It is common that players argue and make misconceptions about other players' behaviour. Many of the reasons for this are cultural: for example sometimes Finnish players are seen as very rude and arrogant. Some reason for this are:
- we don't have or use the word "please" in our language, or very little similar words or expressions,
- Finns value frankness in communication; we lack finess and, well, manners.
But so do many other cultures on this fine planet of ours! It is very different in different cultures what does it mean to be frank, to critique or how you should interpret words, actions or concepts. But that makes this game interesting: the alien species behave incomprehensibly!
Any questions? I'll be happy to answer!