|Wandering Tribes, Crazy Intermix, Color Minefields by...||Write Reply|
|Wandering Tribes, Crazy Intermix, Color Minefields by Player - all now available |
We have a new client feature and a couple new game settings for private games ready for you to play with. First, the new client setting (ctrl-F5 top make sure you have the most recent version):
1. Color Minefields by Player Color (Settings page, under View Settings) - Pretty straightforward, if this is enabled and you have assigned a specific color to a player, their minefields (except webs) will be shown in that color, instead of the usual red/green/yellowish. You don't have to assign colors to every player for this to work. Those unassigned will just continue to use the default colors.
And there are 2 new setup options available for private custom games, found on the Starmap tab:
2. Random Locations for Extra Planets/Ships - building on the extra planets/ships settings recently released, this will distribute the extra starting items randomly throughout the map, instead of clustering them around your homeworld. This should allow you to create scenarios similar to "Crazy Intermix" from the older versions of VGA Planets.
3. Wandering Tribes Settings - one of the most requested scenarios, Wandering Tribes starts you with no planets, but a number of fully loaded Super Transport Freighters to build your empire with. The number of starting freighters is configurable with 6 being the most common from the older version. We load our freighters a little differently than in the older version with cargo as follows:
- 1500 clans
- 200 duranium
- 200 tritanium
- 200 molybdenum
- 500 supplies
- 1000 megacredits
We can adjust those if needed once some test games have been run, and we have some data to look at. There are also a few options for where the freighters start:
- Use Homeworld Areas - Based on whatever homeworld layout you have selected, will put each player's freighter fleet in the general area the homeworld would have been.
- Everyone at the Center - All freighters from all players start at the same spot in the center of the map.
- Random - The freighters are scattered across the map individually, instead of starting together as a fleet.
Testing on these settings has been pretty light, but feel free to try them out in your own private games and let us know how it goes. We are planning to also introduce some public games using these settings in the future. Enjoy!